Thursday, December 29, 2011

ER over Christmas

I love my family! From December 1 to 15, I got to go home. I saw my Mom, brother, his wife and my nephew. We did not do anything special... just hung out. It was great to eat home-cooked food, and just to spend time with my family. When we're together as my mother often says, it's birthday, anniversary, Christmas, New Year...every special day. I agree completely.

So I returned to good 'ol Marshfield refreshed and ready for action. I volunteered to work extra shifts in the the ER over the Christmas holiday, Saturday through Monday. Here's a sample:

Cow kicked man in thigh. Man got mad, kicked cow back...sprained ankle.

Sewed up the foot of a 3 year old that stepped on a Christmas toy. Despite numbing up the area, he cried through the whole thing, even with rubbing gauze on an injured portion of the foot. Oh well, put the stitches in and got out of there.

Finally, I saw Jesus on Christmas. Well, I mean Jesus was an infant with gastroenteritis that I got to see in the ER. Still...

I love my job!

No comments: