Thursday, November 24, 2011

Beware the Vampire Chipmunk!

It was a normal clinic day. I had to do a well child on a 4-month baby girl. Mom, Dad, brother and sister came with. To keep the other kids occupied, we have learned to give out pictures for them to color. Since I can run late sometimes and families can be in a room for a while, it helps. My patient's 7-year old big sister was doing a great job coloring a picture for me. When we were done with the visit, she proudly handed me the picture. There was a spot of red painted near the mouth of this charming printed picture of a chipmunk. Curious, I asked what that was. She proudly told me:

"That's a vampire chipmunk! That's blood."

And smiled like an angel.

I asked her what she had dressed up as for halloween. She had been a vampire hippie. Of course, the teeth hurt after a while, so she switched to just being a hippie.

:-)

Here's the picture

No comments: