Saturday, December 31, 2011

Restoring faith

After my post yesterday, where I rant and raved about deadbeat coward dads who beat little kids senseless, I think the Lord knew I needed some therapy.

So, the first 3 patients in my schedule were it. Now, keep in mind that apart from a new last minute changes, some of my patients, especially those coming in for complete physicals have been scheduled months in advance.

This morning, one after another, I got to do physicals on relatively healthy, young (in their 30s to 40s) wonderful men. They had jobs or ran their own businesses. They took care of their health, eating sensibly and exercising. They were married and faithful to their wives. They were loving, protecting and doting fathers. I could not help but tell them that I appreciated their stepping up to the plate and fulfilling their role as men, husbands and fathers. One of them gave me a quizzed look. He probably wondered why I was making so much of what he just did as a matter of fact. If only he knew...

No comments: