Sunday, February 06, 2011

Day 1 - El Salvador Mission Trip 2011 - trip to Guadalupe

Anyway, after a good breakfast, we set out for Guadalupe. We passed some interesting traffic on the way there, like this calf suckling at her mother’s teat in a pickup truck.


The journey to Guadalupe took about 2 and half hours. Guadalupe is a small village.


Where the King’s Castle has a small church community. Once we got there, we began setting up within the church building.


The picture below shows the pharmacy section being set up.


Us doctors set up our section as well and then waiting for our first patient. I’m ready!



Patients would come in and get their vital signs recorded


Once that was done, they would take a seat and pass by to see the doctor in turn.


This picture shows a bunch of girls tickling each other to pass the time while waiting. It was such a cute sight, I had to stop what I was doing and take a picture


Patients would wait their turn and then be seen by the doctors.



I kept track of what I saw and saw about 33 patients that day.

I tapped one swollen knee.


After seeing our patients, they would pass by the ‘pharmacy’ and get their prescriptions.


Both at the beginning and end of each session of seeing patients, we would have to unload and load the bus back up with all our equipment, supplies and medicine. Then there was the long bus ride back to base.

1 comment:

Daisylin said...

Do you need translators for this trip?? I should go next year, I would just need to learn how to say some medical words in Spanish...luckily we have a lot of cognates.