Saturday, February 05, 2011

Day 4 – El Salvador Mission Trip 2011 - Lago Coatepeque End of the Day

I saw about 50 patients that day.

All told, between 6 doctors, we saw about 1000 patients over these 4 days.

After a long but rewarding day, we got to jump in the lake… I mean we got to swim in the crater lake. It is about 1400 feet deep in the center, being a crater lake.


That evening, we were served a traditional El Salvadorian food – pupusa. I loved it.


As a special treat, some of us (those who were willing to have it) got coconut water from the coconut palms that grew on campus.


Here is me with the local doctor there, Dr. Boris.


That evening, our local partners put on a show of El Salvadorian dance for us.


During this program, our hosts said lots of nice things about us. It made me worse to think that here we are who give up 5 days of our comfortable lives in the States while they live in need, and they thank us!
I hope to come back every year and I am going to get involved with the hospital project (see the post nearby).

No comments: