Sunday, August 27, 2017

Beginning of Week 3 in New York

So, 2 weeks ago, on this day, Amy and me were driving from Marshfield, WI to Buffalo, New York. We have been here 2 full weeks.

In this time period, we have managed to get NY state license plates and vehicle registrations, NY Drivers Licenses (well, computer printouts on paper, with the actual Photo ID in the mail), health insurance (through my wife's TA job -- see the Health Insurance post for details) and entry into my office on the 4th floor of Conventus. I also now have a work computer -- a Microsoft Surface tablet with keyboard. I have been able to get credentialed with Kaleida Health, and have IDs and passwords to get into UB and UBMD systems.

Things we are waiting for: to close on our house in Marshfield (possibly scheduled for Sept 5 or 6 or 7...), to close on our house in Buffalo (scheduled for Sept 5), my university ID (told I could not get it till I get my first paycheck), to be able to move into our house (we are still staying in the Staybridge with our household items, clothing, stuff in public storage).

In the coming week, I begin seeing patients on Tuesday. I still have to sort out how functional my work site is for seeing patients of all ages. I do not have a panel of patients yet. I do have business and palm cards that I can hand out and hopefully start to build a practice. Currently, it appears that patients to Conventus will have to pay to park there. Hopefully, we can address that for a primary practice. I  might try to explore ways of putting myself out there to people who work in Childrens, Buffalo General, the Medical School and Conventus itself to see if they and their families need a primary care doc.

We missed going to church today because my wife and daughter have head lice! We don't know where it came from, but possibly, since our daughter joined us this week from staying with Amy's ex in Marshfield and Chicago, and had lots of contact with other kids, we suspect it came from there.

Meanwhile, I am trying to finish courses in Fraud, Abuse and Waste, Sexual Harassment, Violence in the workplace and whatever else HR has on their to-do list for new hires.

I hope to organize things in my office and start working again on my research.

Here we go...

1 comment:

Doc Rock said...

Congrats and all the best on this new adventure Dr. Aswani