Tuesday, August 15, 2017

The first week in New York

Our home was packed into 2 26-foot Penske trucks that drove out of Marshfield on Saturday, August 12, 2017. On the morning of August 13, 2017 at about 10:30 am, my wife and me drove our respective cars out of Marshfield driveway for the last time. My wife had packed our cars with her clothes, some very large paintings in the trunk, so the car was stuffed.

It was a long day of travelling through first Wisconsin, then Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania and finally New York. During the trip, I listened first to an episode of 'This Week in Virology', then a lesion of Hebrew, then some MKSAP Audio Companion, Cardiology and finally, after 5 pm ( a day of work done), I turned on music from my playlist on my iTouch. I heard tunes in 4 languages (English, Hindi, Spanish and Italian) ranging from Instrumental Western Classical to Bollywood favorites, to Spanish Cumbria, Rock, Salsa, Latin crooners, and Sufi-is tic songs. My car finally crossed over into the state of New York at about 12:30 am. I let out a loud 'Whoot!' Of celebration. I had been able to spend a lot of time in prayer, praying for the this next step in our journey.

Finally, at about 2:30 am, I pulled into the Bowmansville Red Roof Riff at 146 Maple Drive.

During this long drive, I felt the Lord remind me of the passages in the first 5 Books of Moses where the Isrealites grumbled, murmured and complained. I had become conscious of the fact that recently, I had been doing that. When I grumble, I am saying, in effect, that God is not God -- that He is not in control and that what He chooses for me is not the best. I arrived at 2:30 am in the morning to meet my tired wife, filled with this new resolution: I would not grumble. I would not complain or be negative, or murmur.

No comments: