Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Getting busier in Buffalo

It's mid-October!

Things are warmer up ... in the practice, I mean. My schedule is beginning to fill up and there are more opportunities for fruitful research collaboration and interesting opportunities to speak to different groups.

I do best when I am busy. I am enjoying being at a university, where there are so many talks and impromptu courses one can attend and further one's knowledge. I'm trying to make my contribution too. I have been able to give a couple of Grand Rounds available with handouts available here.

It feels good to be seeing patients again and doing different clinical activities. I look forward to going to the North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference in Indianapolis, IN from October 31 through November 4. It'll be good to see my old CF Team from Marshfield again and share in the closing of the Fundamental Learning and Leadership Collaborative that I was part of for most of the year. It concludes at the conference with a presentation of the year's work.

Life brings its changes. I shall always have a special place in my heart for the patients, staff and colleagues of Marshfield. Many have now become Facebook, email and LinkedIn friends. I still share in their lives that way. It is also exciting to watch developing friendships and partnerships and professional relationships here in Buffalo. Still lots to do and a lot to get off the ground.

But it's happening slowly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy looking through an article that can make people think.

Also, thank you for allowing me to comment!