Sunday, September 03, 2017

Week 4 in New York!

Here we are! It is the beginning of our 4th week in Buffalo, NY. Exciting. Living in this hotel (Staybridge Suites), I have learned:

  1. I seem to need very little to live my daily lives, in terms of clothes, toiletries and sundries.
  2. I sleep on the floor very well (but I already knew that). Where I sleep is in the common area of our 2-bedroom suite. During the day, it is where everyone hangs out. Towards late evening, I clear my little area and make my bed.
We are looking forward to moving into our house this week, and I am looking forward to shadowing Genetics, meeting new faculty at a meeting for the purpose and hopefully seeing more patients than I did last week.

We went to church as a family: The Chapel. I learned once again of a remarkable christian Doctor by the name of David Holmes. As it turns out, he is also the Director of Global Health at UB. We have emailed each other, and possibly will be able to meet in person in the coming week. I look forward to new adventures in global health.

I spent the afternoon swimming with my daughter, Phoebe, in the hotel pool. It was a fun time with just the two of us.

No comments: