Saturday, June 18, 2011

Time off - part 4

Here is Piyali, Simon and me at the exit of the cave.


The next day, Piyali took me to see Marshall University. We drove around Huntington and she showed me the stadium (of 'We Are Marshall' fame). Here she is in front of the Marshall University buildings where we going to see Simon and her labs.



It was a true 'vacation' for me to 'forget' medicine for a while and immerse myself in science. Simon patiently walked me through his research. He works on cell communication in Drosophila. Here he is in his lab, 'posing' for my photo -- looking at his beloved Drosophila.


After we finished with his lab, we went over to the medical school and checked out Piyali's lab. She showed me her research work. Here she is at her lab work bench.



We had a wonderful tirpanyaki lunch at a Japanese restaurant down town.


It was a short break, but lots of fun.












No comments: