Saturday, June 18, 2011

Time off - Park 1

During the Memorial Day weekend, I had time off. So, on Saturday morning, I jetted off to visit a friend I had never actually met in person. Piyali Dasgupta have been friends for about 10 years now. We talked on the phone and emailed each other through the years -- she living in various places in the U.S. pursuing her career and me going through medical school, residency and now working here. She recently bought a house and invited me to visit. I was looking forward to meeting her in person. Both she and her boyfriend are professors at Marshall University, so a side treat would be to visit their labs and learn about their research.


Piyali has a beautiful house in Huntington, WV. She told me that the state bird of West Virginia. On her back porch, she has a bowl of birdseed and practically all day, I could see these beautiful birds come to feed. They were very shy so photographing them was difficult. This is the best I could do.



This next picture is taken through the netted window.

More in Part 2



No comments: