Thursday, July 02, 2009

Can't sleep

Yesterday was my last day in residency. I was on call during that night so I came off at 6:00 am this morning. After attending a meeting and shopping for ingredients for breakfast, I came home. Since I hadn't slept in 30 hours (for the last time as a resident), my eyes drooped as I ate lunch and I went to sleep by about 3 pm.

So here I am. It's 2 am and I am now wide awake. Whaaa? Why can't I sleep? I am not on call. I am done. I have about 3 weeks off before I start my new job as an Attending in Med-Peds at the Clinic. I guess my sleep cycle is screwed up from the call. It'll sort itself out soon enough. It usually does.

Still.

It's 2 am in the morning and I can't sleep. I called the PICU and the Peds floor to get updates on the little girl I admitted last night. We don't know why see siezed, but she's better. Oh well, I guess that's what counts.

I know it's wierd that I called the hospital, but I can't sleep and I was curious. How wierd is that?

No comments: