Saturday, April 01, 2017

New Adventure!

It has been a long time since I have written an entry in this blog. A lot has happened. I do not want to insult the gravity of the events by simply listing them. Perhaps I will be able to do separate blog posts on them in time.

After 11 years of being a private practice physician at the Marshfield Clinic in Wisconsin, I have decided to embark on a new adventure. I am accepting a position as Associate Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics at University of Buffalo (State University of New York) in New York. I plan to start there in August. Before that, a LOT has to happen: transitioning responsibilities here in Marshfield at the Clinic, selling 2 houses (my wife's from before marriage and our current home) and moving. There is excitement about the new position and beginning at academics but also sadness at leaving behind many patients, friends, staff and colleagues that have been my work family for more than a decade.

I hope to describe more in the days to come.

No comments: