Saturday, December 19, 2009

Exhausted!

What a week! I am exhausted in every way. Let me give you the short version as I am too tired to write more for now:
A man with no anus (status post colectomy) -- remember the old advice you got in med school about the only time you cannot do a rectal exam?
A drug-seeking male/female who had undergone a sex change (male to female) with breast implants, -- claims he/she can have sex and orgasms
A domestic violence case with neglected children and a battered wife
An infected artificial knee with large effusion and gout
Too many other things to remember.

I shall be vegetating this weekend...for a while, then I got to go in and catch up with paper work, dictations, billing and letters to patients on labs done, phone calls, emails...ah, the life of a primary care doc!

No comments: