Saturday, March 19, 2005

Match Results 3/18/2005

This is a quickie...

I remember the moment I found out where I was to spend the next four years of my life doing residency. I was working in a lab at the NIH. It was 3/15/2005 -- Match Day. I had been logging on to the Match website every few moments waiting for my news. It finally came! I had matched in Med/Peds in the Marshfield Clinic in WI. I remember going down and stepping outside the building. It was a cold morning. I called my mother in Panama and gave her the news. I posted a message on our school's clinical experiences web site that read:

Congrats to all of you out there that matched this year! I've heard from a few folk with their good news. As for me, I matched in the Internal Medicine/Pediatrics program at the Marshfield Clinic in Marshfield, WI. I am thrilled that I got the specialty of my choice. I am also thrilled that I got into the Marshfield Clinic -- a national center for genomic medicine as well as a major place with lots of fellowships and residencies.

I am sure we all share the same feelings of gratefulness to our schools' faculty and administration for all their support and help through the years that led to this day.

No comments: