Friday, January 09, 2015

Day T-4 January 9, 2015


DAY T-4 January 9, 2015

Today I resigned from my job at the Marshfield Clinic. It felt sad taking off my badge and leaving my pager on the desk. Due to HIPPA requirements, since I am not an employee, I cannot access the Clinic’s email system or read notes, look at labs or anything. I am cut off completely.

It felt odd and scary to walk away and know that I am no an employee of the Marshfield Clinic. I am unemployed. I can no longer expect a salary. What have I done? What am I doing? I backed up all my research and files on a portable hard drive, because since I resigned, IS may wipe out all my records.

It was a harrowing day as I had still not received an itinerary or confirmed ticket. Finally, after several emails and one phone call, I received it at 8 pm at night. I am flying to Boston on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 2 pm.





It is going to be interesting trying to record this on an iPad.

No comments: