Saturday, January 10, 2015

DAY T-3 January 10, 2015


Amy and me are not getting along. She woke up to go to counseling with Dr. Benson.  I went to the clinic to try to back up my files. We met at home at noon to go and pick up Phoebe. After going to the Mall to try to find her remote control helicopter (Amy and me had sort of promised Phoebe she could use money she got from her grandma to buy this), I left them and home. I called my mother and brother. It felt odd not being to tell them about Africa, while I have resigned my job and am shopping and packing for this. But, how would it help them? They would be tortured thinking about the risks I am taking on the job front, traveling to Africa and working with Ebola. I reasoned, they are better off knowing when I am back, if that is possible. Phoebe and Amy stayed at home, while I went to Walmart, Office Max and Fleet Farm looking for things I needed – adaptors, shoes, etc. I came home and we ate dinner. We watched the Night at the Museum 2, as Amy and Phoebe had not seen it before and were keen to see the third part in the theater tomorrow. After Phoebe went to bed, Amy and me talked some. Her initial anger and wanting a divorce has calmed down some.

No comments: