Thursday, February 05, 2009

Announcing my babies to the world!



Those of you who know me know I rant about bacteriophages. It has been a long four years of dreaming, many weekends and nights of labwork packed into the 'free' time of my residency, and here they are! These are two different species of bacteriophages isolated from the anterior nares of humans, being shown for the FIRST time ever! I believe no-one has ever reported the existence of these cute little fellows in the anterior nares of humans before. Of course, I shall be publishing soon.


Here they are infecting Staphylococci:
I told you I would find them. These are my babies and I am very proud of them. One day, little guys like these -- in some form -- will be the new antibiotics. Many thanks to all the great phage devotees out there who have helped...
Enjoy!

No comments: